Now, let me get into explaining the process. Here, I would like to see if I can pass these qualities into other people. All the specific details will be separated into different categories, including NLP, psychological method, and each different categories of self-improvement.
Start of the process:
1. Getting into “up-time” in NLP terms. To put it simply, clear of all the thoughts, images, voices in my head, internal feelings. This is very important so that my internal thoughts do not interfere with my psychological analysis. This will prevent my analysis from being biased, thus making my analysis almost 100% accurate.
Why not 100%? This is simply because each analysis when getting into details, which each individual is very different, may not be absolutely correct. The point is, as long as it is 80-90% accurate, it is good enough, since this is not mind reading (I will elaborate about mind reading in a separate post).
When my thoughts are cleared, all the images, voices and feelings will only come from outside. external factors. When I am in this “up-time” state, it is a totally different feeling. I have a on-off button to go into this state. Once I am in it, I roughly know how deep am I in, most of the time about 60% to 70% “up-time”.Yes, it is like a partial up-time because I am running images freely in my mind. If I am 100% up-time state, I don’t get any images in my head at all.
The exact process running in my head. Let’s say I want to analyse this guy. I will start to form images about him, like a computer drawing images. For me, I see lines (like using pen and draw the lines) form a complete image. For example, 2 different lines will spiral and then either connect to each other, sometimes not. Then I wait for the drawings to stop. Then, I analyse these lines.
I am quite sure that there are people who see images, hear voices or get feelings about other people, but they do not know how to analyse them. So I shall explain how to analyse those next.
2. Next, this requires an understanding of human psychology and psychological profiling (explain in other posts). Once the image is formed, then I analyse the structure of the image, which is the lines.This requires some imagination to understand.
A straight line means that person is more straight forward. Doesnt beat around the bush when talking or thinking.
A curve usually means his personality can be bent, meaning he is more flexible. Depending on the curvature, it can mean that he adopts quickly, or have different approach in different situation. Thus, he is not fixed to 1 style of handling situations.
If there are 2 lines drawing concurrently in my head, that person has dual personality. This does NOT mean that he is schizophrenic. This means that he has one type of personality when he is alone or with people that he knows well, and then another type of personality in an unfamiliar environment or highly-stressed environment.
More examples later on, when I remember them.
More on images, a specific case on my training department manager. The images I see is a rough-looking rock dipped in a huge, calm, blue ocean. Can imagine that? What you feel from this image? Now here is the full explanation that I told him.
First of all, he has a rock solid character, meaning when he make decisions, he doesn’t change it or have doubt on it. This strong character also means that he is not easily affected by other people. So he always stick to his decision whether other people criticise him, look down on him or whatsoever. This is also called, in my words, as strong and unshaken personality, people with leadership qualities
Next, why the rock has rough surface, not smooth? This is because his personality right now is molded through his many experiences in the past. He is not born with this type or personality. Through bit by bit experience, he forms this strong character. Also, the rock has some bigger “holes” or rough surface, which means that he learn through some bad experiences in the past, and his personality now evolves from it, thus able to handle such situation easily now.
Then, why the rock is in the ocean? This means that his emotion supports his personality very well. He is always calm when making decisions, he won’t rush into decision. Every step he takes is calculated with risks taken into account. This also means that he can handle stress very well because he is always calm.
Now, let’s go into more details. When the rock shakes in the ocean, it will create only waves that spread through the ocean (NOT TSUNAMI). This means that when he is emotionally down, he can feel his emotional turmoil. But he just let it go like the wave, let it pass and then back to calm again. That is his way of handling hardship. Calmly let it pass, so that it wont affect him too long, then move on with his life.
Lastly, the colour of the ocean – blue. It is the colour that describe his current emotion. When I was talking to him, he was actually in learning mode. That is why the colour is blue. He is calmly listening to me, absorbing the information into his mind. I also ran a colour check at the back of his head and the colour that stopped was submarine blue, a blue somewhere close to the normal blue and a bit darker. This is is confirm the accuracy of my images – to describe his current emotional state.
Now, when I do the analysis, I usually cant remember what images I see after I finish the analysis unless I pay attention to the images (which means less accuracy). The trick here is that, I speak to the person about my analysis while I am doing the analysis in my head. This also means that I can adjust my analysis while sensing his body language. Or else, it won’t be accurate.
3. So, it comes to this point. Adjustment in the analysis. When I see the images, I also get a tinge of feeling. I need to make sure that the feeling that I get is aligned with the images I see. Utilising this image that I see, I can ‘feel’ the images I see and then collaborating both analysis (images and feeling) to form a complete one. During the analysis itself, which is me explaining to the other party, I sense their body language and voice tone. If they are not comfortable with my analysis which is sometimes very private or personal to them, I will not reveal too much details and only tell them the gist of it. This also prevent me from getting into trouble when dealing with people. Imagine someone who you don’t know come and tell you about your personality when he doesn’t know you, never talked to you before. That is actually quite scary but at the same time very exciting. Look at it this way, he might know more about you that you know about yourself.
4. So far, I have talked about the drawn images and feeling. Now I shall go into another interesting part – the bars.
What bars am I talking about? I am referring to the kind of bars you see in video games, like your health bar, mana bar or other different bars. So, what are these bars for?
Allow me to elaborate on this. I have a few bars running on other people’s head.
The positive thinker or negative thinker bar – I can see the bar’s length moving left and right. to the left is negative thinker, middle is neutral thinker, to the right is positive thinker. I can see how deep are they into negative or positive thinking. It’s fun to see. You will be surprised that a lot of people who look very happy, always smile, very outgoing, very confident are actually negative thinkers. And yes, they had confirmed that they are negative thinker themselves.
Comfort level bar – how comfortable is that person towards me. how comfortable is he in this particular environment.
Day dreamer or realist bar – to be specific, someone who day-dream or built castle in the air a lot, which means spending his free time thinking nonsense that will never happen in real life. Or, someone who think about his reality and plan ahead when dealing with situations.
Next is the 2 very important bars.
CONFIDENT LEVEL BAR – how confident is he (in different categories – self-confident, confidence in skills, confidence in presenting himself)
SELF ESTEEM BAR – how does he look at himself. (beautiful people usually has high self-esteem). For some people, confident level and self-esteem are totally opposite. Very confident but very low self-esteem, or very low confidence but very high self-esteem.
Basically, I can activate these bar as I wished and see them moves (increase or decrease in length). Then, I will wait for it to stop. Once stopped, it will describe the person. For example, if the positive/negative thinking bar is very long onto the right (positive thinking), that person is super optimistic and no negative feeling/thoughts can affect him/her. In fact, this group of people do not even have negative thought AT ALL.
End of process. The full explanation for different situations are more or less here.
After the process, I will suffer memory loss because it is VERY MENTALLY EXHAUSTING to do psychological analysis and talk to the person at the same time. I meant, not that serious. Just cannot remember what I have just told him/her/them most of the time especially when I am doing demonstration.
Let me summarise this.
1. Achieve “up-time”. Clear off all internal thoughts and only receive external thoughts.
2. Psychological profiling in your own way. I am a visual person, thus I use image to profile.
3. Adjustment on analysis of the profiling. You cannot improve if you do not practice and keep adjusting. The choice of word you use will also improve over time, when you are more familiar with it.
4. Fun bars on personality. I played computer games a lot so I use these bars. If you have any other way, please tell me so that I can learn as well.